Skip to content


Partner Universities and Study Abroad Programs

During the study abroad application process, you will meet with an academic advisor to have your courses approved. We recommend researching courses offered at the study abroad institution that are both interesting to you and meet some of your requirements at Suffolk. When you go to your meeting at the Undergraduate Academic Advising Center, you should come prepared with course descriptions and schedules.

Once you have been approved to study abroad, you will be registered for placeholder courses at Suffolk University, as determined by your advisor. The courses you take at a partner university will appear as transfer credits on your transcript as long as you receive a passing grade in them. In order to pass a course, you need to receive a letter grade of C or higher. Your GPA will be unaffected by your semester abroad.

Suffolk University Madrid Campus

IF you're studying at Suffolk Madrid, you will also have your courses pre-approved by the Undergraduate Academic Advising Center during the application process. You will then register online at your assigned registration date and time for the classes you selected (using the same MySuffolk process you use to register for courses at our Boston campus). You must take at least 12 credits to maintain your status as a student for visa purposes.

You'll receive credits and letter grades for your Suffolk Madrid courses that will be reflected on your transcript and factor into your GPA.